The Gloucester Business Growth Grant Scheme
Need grant support to start or grow your business?
Are you a start-up business or a small (up to 250 employees) business with ambitions to grow and are located in Gloucester? If so, Gloucester City Council may be able to provide grant support towards your capital (premises and equipment) costs of between £1,000 and £5,000 (up to £10,000 in exceptional cases).
The City Council gives the highest priority to helping businesses to start up and grow in the City to make Gloucester an even better place to live, work and do business. Launched in February 2017, the Gloucester Business Growth Grant Scheme is discretionary, but can provide up to 50% funding towards capital costs in the City Centre and up to 30% funding towards costs across the rest of the City.
The process of applying for a grant is very simple:
- Read our applicant guidance note to make sure you are eligible
- Complete an Expression of Interest Form and send us your Business Plan showing how your proposal will create sustainable jobs
- We will have that proposal independently assessed and see if we can support you
- If we can offer support we will ask you to complete an application form giving us all your details
- If we give approval, we will confirm in writing
- We will reimburse our share of the costs once you send us receipts for the completed work/expenditure
Applicant Guidance Notes
Expression of Interest Form
Primary Shopping Area
If you are interested in applying, please contact the Regeneration and Economic Development Service on 01452 396973 or email