Gloucester Lottery


​Frequently Asked Questions

Can you tell me whether the land is owned by Gloucester City Council?

Yes provided the location of the land concerned is accurately described and is within the City boundary. In order for us to identify ownership, we will need to know the full postal address. As some boundaries are difficult to describe, we will send you a copy plan for you to outline and return to us, to ensure correct identification of land.

For any enquiries please contact the Council’s help desk on 01452 396396 or email​​​

Is there a charge for this information?

There is normally no charge, however, if a detailed answer is required, along with extensive research and photocopying of documents, then there will be a charge as set out in the fee list. Click here for details. If this were the case, you will be notified in advance.

How Long will it take you to find the information I have requested?

This depends on the information that we receive from you, the demand for the service at the time, and the complexity of the land ownership within the area in question.

How do I find out the owner of the boundary to my property?

If the property is next to, or previously owned by Gloucester City Council, we may be able to identify the owner of a particular boundary. If the property is privately owned, it is unlikely we will be able to help you.

Who owns the property if it is not Gloucester City Council?

We may be able to help if we had a previous interest in the land or property concerned, however, it is probable that you will have to contact HM Land Registry in Gloucester via telephone 01452 511111 to obtain the relevant information.

I have identified a piece of land, which I believe is owned by Gloucester City Council and I would like to buy it. What is the procedure?

The Council's policy is to advertise land or property for non housing sales. In most circumstances a sale board will be erected at the property.

Do you have any land and properties to let or for sale?

Please click here​ to be directed to properties/land for sale or rent page.

Do you have any garages to rent?

Please click here to be directed to garages to let page

I would like to report damage or a potential hazard on Council owned property

In the first instance please contact the Council’s help desk on 01452 396396 the relevant officer will then be contacted. Alternative, you may report a problem online.