Gloucester Lottery


​​​​Highway Licenc​es

You will require permission for the items listed below if placed on the public highway. The "highway" includes grass verges and footways.

Application forms can be found by clicking on the appropriate word above. All of the above license application forms are in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). Adobe Acrobat can be downloaded here.

Buskers and Street Entertainment

Buskers are encouraged to notify the Markets Team in advance of their intention to busk in the City Centre. The City Council has an agreed code of practice​ that they ask buskers to comply with, to prevent nuisance and obstruction. If they are seen to be causing nuisance or obstruction, an authorised Officer of the Council or the Police may instruct them to stop the activities and vacate the area.

If Buskers wish to sell CD’s or other goods associated with their performance, they will need street trading consent. There is a separate fee for buskers at £5.00 per day.​

Highways Licences,Permits and Permission

Highways Licences, permits and permissions for items such as Cranes, Skips, Scaffolding, Highways Occupation, and Highways Projection are available from Gloucestershire County Council. Please refer to their website for details.