The Information Commission's approved publication scheme is shown here.
It sets out the main information classes and the information that the council holds within these classes. The publication scheme requires the council to routinely update this information and make it publically available.
Any person who makes a request to us for information must be informed whether we hold that information and, subject to exemptions, be supplied with the information.
Individuals already have the right of access to information about themselves under the
Data Protection Act 1998. As far as the council is concerned, the Freedom of Information Act extends the right to allow public access to most other types of information held.
The purpose of our publication scheme is to be a means by which we can make a significant amount of information available routinely, without waiting for someone to specifically request it. The scheme supports the view to publish more information proactively and to develop a greater culture of openness and transparency.
Gloucester City Council is committed to providing quality services to our residents and businesses that represent value for money. As part of our commitment to providing financial transparency, any spend on goods or services over £500 with external suppliers are now listed on line
Gloucester City Council Open Data
The publication scheme commits us to making information available to the public as part of our normal business activities. The information covered is included in the classes of information where this information is held by the authority.
What the publication scheme commits us to
The scheme commits the council to:
- proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information, including environmental information, which is held by the authority
- specify the information which is held by the authority and falls within the classifications below
- proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme
- produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public
- review and update on a regular basis the information the authority makes available under this scheme
- produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available
- make this publication scheme available to the public