Our Vision & Aims
Gloucester City Council exists to serve and represent the interests of its citizens and communities and to ensure the provision of the best possible services for its residents.
"Gloucester will be a flourishing, modern and ambitious City, which all residents can enjoy"
(City Vision 2012 – 2022)
Transforming Your City – Council Plan 2011 – 2014
Prosperity – Strengthening Gloucester’s economy by…
- Increasing levels of inward investment in the City
- Creating a thriving and growing business sector
- A diverse and vibrant night time economy
- Having a well skilled and flexible workforce
- Further progress in the City’s regeneration
People - A City for everyone by…
- Reducing the levels of deprivation in the City
- Excellent services shaped by our communities and their needs
- Housing stock that meets the needs of our residents
- Greater participation in voluntary and community activity to deliver “The Big Society”Diverse communities that are welcomed, supported and involved in the life of the City
Place - Creating Pride in our City by …
- Becoming a world class historic destination
- Having a clear and positive identity for Gloucester
- Producing a diverse portfolio of events in the City
- A cleaner and greener City
- A City that is recognised for its sports facilities, clubs and their achievements
Our Core Principles
- We will provide strong, ambitious and enthusiastic leadership, putting the interests of the city first and we will act in an open and transparent way
- We will strive for value for money and only spend what we can afford.
We will consider the impact on the environment of everything we do.
- We will strive for top performing services, built around you the customer, in partnership with the public, private and voluntary sectors
- We will consult and engage with the community to help shape the decisions we take, giving everyone a voice and looking after the most vulnerable in society.