Plock Court and Oxstalls Sports Park
Plock Court is a 26 hectare park with significant sports facilities and a large open space for informal recreation.
- It is located off Tewkesbury Road in Longlevens ward, GL2 9DW
- Bus routes 71, 97 and 98 run close to the entrance along Tewkesbury Road. There is also car parking on site.
- Pedestrian access points are at Longford Lane and Estcourt Road.
- Formal sports facilities at Oxstalls Tennis Centre, indoor and outdoor floodlit courts, full size synthetic pitch and numerous grass pitches across the site.
- There is a café, toilets and indoor soft play area in the centre.
These facilities are all set in the natural surroundings of a large, informal green space. The park is popular with dog walkers and kite fliers, and has long views out to the surrounding hills. The area is bounded by hedges which provide structure and excellent cover for wildlife, with a footpath leading to allotments in the south. Wotton Brook runs through the park and provides an interesting feature for wildlife and amenity. There are a number of mature trees that have been worthy of having tree preservation orders placed on them.
In 2010 a large wetland area was developed, to increase wildlife on the site, and also to act as a flood prevention scheme for the surrounding area. This has proven hugely beneficial to the site, attracting many insects, damselflies, dragonflies, birds and animals.