Business Rates Information
National Non-Domestic Rates Accounts
In accordance with our obligation to respond to requests made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, we intend to publish on our website the information listed below from April 2018.
National Non-Domestic Rates Accounts in Credit
Further to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Decision Notices FS50619844 and FS50643256, Gloucester City Council is no longer publishing information in respect of credit balances on Business Rate accounts. In line with these decisions, information is being withheld under Section 31(1)(a) Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FoIA), which states that:
“Information which is not exempt under Section 30 is exempt information if its disclosure under this Act would, or would be likely to, prejudice –
(a) the prevention or detection of crime “
However, to be open and transparent in respect of public funds, we will publish the following information on a quarterly basis:
- Total business rate credits held
Q1 & Q2 2018 (combined)
Q1,Q2 and Q3 2018 (combined)
We will publish this information on a quarterly basis in July, October, January, and April. We will not provide individual responses to requests for similar information, but will re-direct requests to our published reports held on this web page.
Limitation of Data
- The information is only available in the format provided.
Business Rates (Non-Domestic Rates) Information
Gloucester City Council (GCC) receives a number of Freedom of Information requests of a similar nature for information which relates to Business Rate accounts (non-domestic properties). To address these requests GCC publishes the following reports in Excel format:
- List of all Business Rate accounts (NDR List) containing the following information:
- Billing authority reference number
- Property address
- Property postcode
- Ratepayer (unless an individual)
- Billing address (if different to property address, unless an inidvidual)
- Empty property status
- Rateable value
- Date empty from (where applicable)
- Relief type if received
- Charge start date
- Property description
We will publish this information on a quarterly basis in May, August, November, and February. We will not provide individual responses to requests for similar information, but will re-direct requests to our published reports held on this webpage.
Limitation of Data
- the ratepayer is the person liable to pay the charge. In most cases this is a leaseholder and not an owner. It is not possible to identify the owners from our records where the leaseholder is the ratepayer.
- account references are not included as these are personal to the account, and are used to ensure that a ratepayer is actually the account holder when they contact the Council.
- ratepayers names and correspondence addresses are only provided for limited companies and government bodies and not for individuals as this would breach the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018.
- the correspondence address is the last contact address on GCC's business rates records.
- the information is only available in the format provided