What is the Publication Scheme?
Gloucester City Council operates a publication scheme to ensure that a significant amount of information is made available, without the need for a specific Freedom of Information (FOI) request.
In this section of our website, you will be able to see:
- the classes of information we publish and intend to publish
- the format in which it is published
- how it can be obtained
- if there is a charge for the information.
The classes of information in our scheme are set out in the section below and were developed in accordance with the guidelines published by the Information Commissioner and the requirements of the Local Government Transparency code 2015.
What the publication scheme commits us to
The scheme commits the council to:
- proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information, including environmental information, which is held by the authority
- specify the information which is held by the authority and falls within the classifications below
proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme
- produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public
- review and update on a regular basis the information the authority makes available under this scheme
- produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available
- make this publication scheme available to the public
Who we are and what we do
Organisational information, council structure, locations and contacts.
What we spend and how we spend it
Financial information about projected and actual income and expenditure, procurement, contracts and financial audit.
What our priorities are and how we are doing
How we make decisions
Our policies and procedures
This section covers the council’s current written protocols, policies and procedures for delivering our services and responsibilities. Some of the information about policies and procedures may be covered by the council's constitution.
Lists and Registers
This section contains information held in registers required by law and other lists and registers relating to the functions of the authority.
- Public registers and registers held as public record – please email us at email@example.com to request information required.
- Asset Register – please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request information required.
- Public health funeral information
- Business rates (non-domestic rates) information
The services we offer
Information about the services the council provides including leaflets, guidance and newsletters (relates to current information only).
- Benefits and grants
- Bins and recycling
- Cemeteries and crematorium
- Council Tax
- Crime and emergencies
- Housing including housing benefit, homelessness, housing providers
- Leisure, parks and events including Guildihall, museums, markets and Tourist Information Centre
- Parking - car parks and permits
- Pollution and hygiene
- Planning and building
- Environmental health
- Licences and permits
- Land and property
- Finance and funding
- Media releases