Frequently Asked Questions About Our Services
Why has my bin/recycling not been emptied?
- We are sorry that your recycling has not yet been collected. The crew have until 5pm on your collection day to collect. There are sometimes delays or they may need to return to the centre to unload part way through a street. There are times when access is not available to a street or property but our crew will attempt to collect later.
- To ensure your bin is collected please present it curb side at 7am with the lid closed and no side waste. We advise that you should not compact your waste as this can lead to partial emptying if the truck cannot shake the waste loose. If your waste is not presented correctly then there is chance it will not have been collected.
- Garden Waste must be presented at the curb side by 7am and must show a valid sticker.
- For any missed collections please let us know which type of waste has been missed, within 2 working days of your expected collection, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 01452 396396. Please give your full address and we will send a crew to collect the waste providing that your waste was presented correctly.
Can I order a bin/box etc?
- If you have a damaged waste receptacle or if yours has gone missing then you can request a replacement. You can either call 01452 396396 or send an email to email@example.com. Please include which container you would like, along with your name and full address. New items and replacements can either be delivered to you or collected from the depot. Deliveries can take up to 20 working days depending on the item.
What is my collection day?
- You will have a set collection date for waste collections, depending on your address. We are currently working on a postcode look up on our website which will be coming out this year. In the mean time you can contact our customer services with your full address and we can check for you, we will also be able to supply a collection calendar if required.
Can I book a bulky item collection?
- If you have a bulky collection of household items please call our customer services team on 01452 396396 where they will be able to arrange the booking for you.
- Items that we will collect are:
- Baby Seat
- Bed Base
- Chairs – Two
- Chest of drawers
- Clothes Rail
- Dressing Table
- Fish Tank
- Garden Bench
- Ironing Board
- Lawn Mower
- Mattress Double
- Mattress Single
- Portable Heater
- Snooker Table
- Step Ladder
- Tumble Dryer
- TV Stand
- Video Recorder
- Wall Unit
- Washing Machine
- Wicker Stand
- Other items – anything you would take with you if you moved house.
- Items we are unable to collect are:
- Builders waste, garden or domestic waste
- Fixtures and fittings (doors and windows etc.)
- Fitted wardrobes
- Kitchen units
- Bathroom suites
Can I speak to Homeseekers/Housing Officer?
- Please call 01452 396396 and an advisor will be able to transfer your call, otherwise you can contact them via email on Homeseeker@gloucester.gov.uk
- If you are roofless and you do not have anywhere that you can stay tonight then you will need to contact 01452 396538 – Please note we do not offer a drop in service anymore as it is now an appointment system.
- If you are homeless but have temporary accommodation i.e. able to stay with a friend, then you will need to speak to the team on 01452 396396 and you will be transferred to a housing adviser who will be able to arrange an appointment for you to discuss you housing options.
- If you have documents that you need to bring in and have scanned, then please call the customer service team on 01452 396396 who will be able to arrange an appointment for you.
- Please ensure you have registered on HomeseekerPlus at the following website https://www.homeseekerplus.co.uk/choice/ in order for us to fully be able to assist you.
- If you have made a HomeseekerPlus application please allow 4-6 weeks for us to contact you via email.
Can I speak to Council Tax / why can’t I get through to Council Tax?
- The direct telephone number for the Council Tax team is 01452 396495 or you can contact them via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unfortunately the Council Tax team at times can be extremely busy. When you call them directly your call is held in a hunt group, waiting for the next officer to become available.
When will the grass be cut?
- It has been agreed that the grass will be cut every 20 working days between the beginning of April until the end of September. This is with exception of Podsmead who have a community grass cutting initiative.
Can you cut back overhanging vegetation / trees?
- You are legally allowed to cut back vegetation/branches/trees back to your boundary line.
- Gloucester City Council are not allowed to deal with any trees that are situated on private land.
- If the tree is growing out of a path or the road please contact Gloucestershire Highways on 08000 514514.
Can I report a flytip/litter?
- Absolutely, this will need to be reported to the customer services department either via email on email@example.com or by phone on 01452 396396. When doing so you will need to advise us of the exact location and what has been flytipped. Once the information has been received the team will be able to arrange for the matter to be looked into and items removed.
Can I book a Pest Control visit?
- Gloucester City councils do offer chargeable pest control services for Wasps/Hornets, Rats, Mice and Fleas. This can be arranged by calling 01452 396396. This service is available to residents as well as businesses.
- If you are calling about a swarm of bees then we may be able to give you details for some local bee keepers who may be able to assist with removing the swarm.
Can I Report a Change to my circumstances for my Housing Benefit?
- You must tell us immediately if there is a change to the circumstances for you or anyone on your claim.
- You can do this online by completing the change in circumstances form https://openportal.gloucester.gov.uk/scripts/OPENPortal-Live.wsc/hb/hbcic.p