Funding boost to support local communities – we want to hear from you!
Do you have a project or idea that could support your local community? Gloucester City Council is pleased to announce residents can now apply for funding from the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL).
The Community Infrastructure Levy allows councils to raise funding from developers carrying out projects in their area to fund a wide range of facilities and services needed to support the local community.
The city council has funding available from recent developments and is asking residents to submit their ideas or projects of up to £3,000, as well as larger grants of up to £15,000 which supports at least one of the following themes.
- Improves community facilities and enhances the natural environment
- Has a wellbeing focus that actively tackle issues such as exclusion and isolation
- Supports equality, diversity and inclusion
- Has an environmental focus that actively addresses and tackles climate change
- Improves access to volunteering, training or employment opportunities
- Celebrates cultural diversity
Cllr Raymond Padilla, cabinet member for communities and neighbourhoods, said: “Ensuring the Community Infrastructure Levy is awarded on such a local level will help our communities to thrive, as well as have a positive impact on people’s lives. Really worthwhile projects are happening right across Gloucester, and we know that even the smallest of funds awarded can make the biggest difference to those involved.
“I’d strongly encourage residents who have projects or ideas to get in contact with the council; as local people are the ones who are best placed to know what is most suitable for them and what they need.”
- What is your project?
- How does your project benefit others in your community?
- Who is involved in planning and delivering the project?
- Who is giving their time to support the project?
- What will those involved in the project be contributing?
- What will have changed in your community and when do you hope to see a difference?
- How much are you applying for and what will the funding be spent on?
Applications for the funding will remain open until Friday 22 July.
Further information about the Community Infrastructure Levy is available on our website.