Residents views sought on plans
Residents are being encouraged to take part in a consultation into regeneration in Podsmead and Matson.
The consultation, which was launched recently, aims to work closely with local people to get their views on guidelines for any plans for the area.
Lasting until Monday, August 5, the idea behind it is to develop a vision for the estates that will reflect how residents want their communities to develop over the next 20 years. It follows an award to Gloucester City Homes of £1.25 million by government, to look into the potential regeneration of the estates.
As a result draft Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) were developed for each estate to create a framework to guide any regeneration and development in the areas. They include guidance on a variety of subjects such as the design of any new housing and public areas and set out how residents should be involved in any future planning applications to ensure that the community continues to be engaged in any regeneration.
The consultation will seek local people’s views on the SPDs and find out if there are any other requirements that they’d like to be considered. As part of the consultation a series of events have been organised in venues around the area:
- Moat Primary School Fayre: Friday, July 12, 3 - 5pm
- Scott Avenue Open Space: Thursday, July 18, 4.30 - 7pm
- Redwell Centre: Monday, July 22, 3 - 7pm
- Podsmead Big Local: Friday , July 26, 1 - 5pm
Councillor Andrew Gravells, Cabinet Member for Planning and Strategic Housing at Gloucester City Council, said: “I would really encourage residents to get involved with the consultation and let us know their thoughts. The plans aim to build a community which is friendly and inclusive and local people are the ones who are best placed to know what is most suitable for them and what they need.”
The SPDs, summary leaflets, FAQs and online response can be found at https://gloucester.inconsult.uk/consult.ti/matsonandpodsmead
Hard copies are available at :
- Gloucester City Council reception: Herbert Warehouse, The Docks, Gloucester, GL1 2EQ.
- Matson Library: Winsley Road, Matson, Gloucester, GL4 6NG.
- Redwell Centre: Redwell Road, Matson, Gloucester, GL4 6JG.
- The Hub: 15a Scott Avenue, Podsmead, Gloucester, GL2 5BD.