Report a change in circumstances
If you currently receive Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support you must tell us immediately if there is a change in the circumstances for you or anyone on your claim, as it may affect the benefit we pay.
Examples of changes are:-
- A change of address within Gloucester City
- someone moves into, or out of, your home
- your income changes
- there are changes in the benefits you receive
- your rent changes
- if the income of anyone in your household changes
This list is not exhaustive and if you are unsure whether a change might affect your benefit entitlement, tell us anyway.
Do not rely on a third party to report any changes for you.
You must tell us about your change in circumstances quickly we can review and recalculate your claim. This ensures you receive correct payments without unnecessary delays. If your entitlement is reduced informing us quickly will prevent or reduce any overpayment which you will need to pay back.
Notifying us of a change in circumstances
- By completing the change in circumstances form online
- to email@example.com
- By letter
- By phone to 01452 396 440