We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue we'll assume that you are happy to accept cookies.

Skip to main content

Report a change in circumstances

If you currently receive Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support you must tell us immediately if there is a change in the circumstances for you or anyone on your claim, as it may affect the benefit we pay.

Examples of changes are:-

  • A change of address within Gloucester City
  • someone moves into, or out of, your home
  • your income changes
  • there are changes in the benefits you receive
  • your rent changes
  • if the income of anyone in your household changes

This list is not exhaustive and if you are unsure whether a change might affect your benefit entitlement, tell us anyway.

Do not rely on a third party to report any changes for you.

You must tell us about your change in circumstances quickly we can review and recalculate your claim.   This ensures you receive correct payments without unnecessary delays. If your entitlement is reduced informing us quickly will prevent or reduce any overpayment which you will need to pay back.

Notifying us of a change in circumstances

Help us improve Gloucester City Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.