Filming in Gloucester
The City Council is a member of the South West Screen Film Friendly Group and is keen to encourage film and television companies to film in and around the city. Help and assistance to do this will be provided wherever possible.
For information, advice and permission to film in and around the city, contact the Communications and Marketing Team:
Tel: 01452 207020
- Berkeley Square - 1997 Costume drama series about three nannies in Edwardian England.
- Animal Ark - 1997 Children's Programme.
- These Foolish Things - 2004 Olympus Theatre, Barton Street. Starring Lauren Bacall and Anjelica Huston.
- Outlaw - 2006. Starring Sean Bean, Danny Dyer and Bob Hoskins. Directed by Nick Love.
- Dr Who - 2008 Christmas Special - Filmed in Berkeley Street.
- The Choir
- Harry Potter and The Philosophers Stone - 2001 Adventures of J.K. Rowlings young wizard.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - 2002 More adventures with J.K. Rowlings young wizard.
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - 2008.
- Dr Who - 2008 Christmas Special
Historic Gloucester Docks
- Hannay - 1988 - 89 Adventures of John Buchan's officer-adventurer, Richard Hannay.
- 'Amazing Grace' - 2005. Starring Ioan Gruffudd and Albert Finney. Based on the true story of William Wilberforce, a British statesman and reformer from the early part of the 19th century.
- The Colour of Magic - 2008. Sky One adaptation of Terry Pratchett's novel starring David Jason.
- The Hairy Bikers – April 2009.