Business Rates and business grants
This page contains information on the support available to business rate payers including business restart grants and business rate reductions.
In this section
The application window for discretionary grants is now open and will close at midnight on Sunday 29 August 2021.
A new application must be submitted for consideration of a grant, even if your business has previously received a discretionary grant, this will not be valid for a further grant.
Additional Restrictions Grant – Roadmap Pause - applications are invited from businesses as outlined in government guidance and who meet the eligible categories listed below, who can demonstrate they have been severely financially affected by COVID, and who have re-opened their businesses in line with lockdown easements, or are still subject to restrictions, and have been affected by the delay in re-opening.
Businesses who have fixed ongoing costs* attributable to the business and meet the following eligible categories:
- Group travel and Tour Operators / Travel Agents
- Other tourism businesses including B&B’s and event industry suppliers
- Breweries and nightclubs
- Wedding industries – businesses that rely predominantly on the wedding trade
- Local businesses that are pubs, bars, restaurants, cafes, hotels or guesthouses that serve food and/or drinks to customers at the premises and were either required by law to remain closed until 19 July 2021 or who were able to open but with a restricted service
- Local businesses that are cinemas or theatres
- Freelance and mobile businesses including, but not limited to:
- Wedding related businesses
- Supply chain to hospitality, leisure and tourism
ALL applicants must also be able to demonstrate:
- Significant financial losses due to Covid
- That the business is their main business / job
- Fixed ongoing business or building related costs*
*Fixed ongoing costs does not include domestic outgoings and expenditure or employee costs
The Council has decided that the following will apply for the discretionary Additional Restrictions Grant – Roadmap pause scheme:
- Eligible businesses will receive a grant award based on the number of successful applications received and funding available
- No payments will be made until after the application deadline has passed and all applications have been assessed
- The Council has complete discretion to determine the amount of grant awarded to businesses and there will be no right of appeal against the amount.
Failure to provide a current bank statement and completed subsidy control form will delay your grant.
Businesses and nurseries who received the expanded retail discount from their business rate bills for the 2020/21 year will receive the following reliefs in 2021/22.
01 April 2021 to 30 June 2021 - 100% discount
01 July 2021 to 31 March 2022 - 66% discount
You will be eligible if your business is in the retail, hospitality and/or leisure sector, or is a nursery as detailed below. Properties that will benefit from the relief will be those that are wholly or mainly being used:
- as shops, restaurants, cafes, drinking establishments, cinemas and live music venues
- for assembly and leisure
- as hotels, guest and boarding premises and self-catering accommodation.
- Nurseries - in buildings occupied by providers on Ofsted’s Early Years Register and are wholly or mainly used for the provision of the Early Years Foundation Stage
As long as you meet this criteria, there is nothing further you have to do. Gloucester City Council will apply the business rates holiday to your bills.
In case of query, please contact email@example.com