Test and Trace / Self Isolation Payments
If you have been told by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate, either because you have tested positive for Covid-19 or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive and named you as a close contact, you may be entitled to some financial support during your self-isolation period.
Who is eligible?
People who live in Gloucester and have received notification from NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate because they have tested positive for COVID (or been named as a close contact of someone who has had a positive COVID result) will be entitled to a £500 support payment if you meet all of the following requirements:
- You comply with the NHS Test and Trace notification to self-isolate;
- You are employed or self-employed;
- You are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result; and
- You are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
If you are not receiving one of these benefits but are on a low income and self-isolation will cause you hardship you may still be entitled under a special discretionary scheme, however you must be able to evidence that you will face severe demonstrable financial hardship, as a direct result of not being able to work from home whilst self-isolating; and
- Your gross earnings must be no more than £290 per week and you must normally work for at least 16 hours a week, or have a minimum gross income of £80 per week
- You must have capital or savings below £3,000
- You are not a university or higher education student
Please note that this payment is taxable.
Who is not eligible?
You will not be eligible for this scheme if you:
- do not have a unique 8 digit code from NHS Test and Trace
- have not been specifically told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace as a direct result of a positive COVID test, or named as a close contact of someone who has had a positive COVID result
- are quarantining after travelling abroad (unless you test positive during the 14-day quarantine period);
- do not lose income
- can work from home during a period of self-isolation;
- have not received a notification from NHS Test and Trace telling you to self-isolate.
Before you start
You will need the following information to complete this form:
- Your 8-digit NHS Test and Trace reference see important information below;
- A copy of your latest bank statement (issued in the last two months). This can be a photo but must clearly show proof of earnings, bank account details and your address;
- Proof of self-employment such as a recent business bank statement (issued in the last two months), most recent set of accounts or evidence of self-assessment returns and details of trading income;
- A copy of your latest pay slip
- To consent for us to access your records in the NHS Test and Trace system to confirm your eligibility. Read the NHS Test and Trace privacy notice.
- To consent to us verifying your loss of income, this may be by contacting your employer.
- Your National Insurance number.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Test and Trace ID number: We cannot make a support payment unless you have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace, been told to self-isolate and have been given a valid Test and Trace ID. All ID numbers are verified via NHS Test and Trace eligibility checker. When you are contacted by NHS Test and Trace you must ask them for this information or we will not be able to verify that you are self-isolating and you will not receive payment.
How to apply
What happens next?
The Government is supporting local councils to make the necessary checks to ensure payments can be verified and have been made correctly.
We will review your application and carry out the necessary checks with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), for verification purposes, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), for tax purposes, and NHS Test and Trace to confirm your self-isolation status.
If we are able to verify your entitlement we will contact you within three working days to confirm when you will receive your payment.
For full standard scheme details click here
For full discretionary scheme details click here