Friends of Horsbere Brook Work Days
We meet to help with management activities at Horsbere Brook Flood Alleviation Scheme.
- Friday 21st June 10 am - 12 - Tree Care in the woodland.
We will be replacing deer guards, restaking trees and sorting old guards for recycling later in the year. Meet in the woodland behind the pylons.
- Saturday 22nd June 2 - 4 pm - Bug and mammal hotel building.
Meet in the orchard. We will be building large scale bug hotels for redistribution around the reserve. Bring elastic bands and old terracotta pots if you have any.
- Sunday 30th June 2 - 4pm - Trimming path edges in the long meadow.
We will be doing light trimming of the path edges (bramble and twigs). Meet in the Long Meadow beyond the pond.
- Friday 1st July 11 am - 2 - Ragwort Pulling in the Long Meadow.
We annually pull ragwort onsite as it quickly takes over and outcompetes other meadow species. The annual pull has limited the spread of ragwort and seen a decrease in plant number. Please wear long sleeves and trousers and meet in the Long Meadow.
- Friday 19th July 10 am - 12 - Tasks in the Orchard
We will be pulling ragwort, replacing rabbit guards on hazel trees and mulching trees. Please wear long sleeves and trousers. Meet in the orchard at the top of The Mound by the railway.
- Saturday 27th July 2 - 5 pm, Sunday 28th July 2 - 5 pm, Saturday 25th August 2 - 5 pm - Tree Care in the woodland.
Since planting in 2015 some of our trees have outgrown their guards! We will be replacing guards, restaking and supporting the trees. Please bring any old bicycle inner tubes and an old pair of scissors if you have any. Meet in the woodland behind the pylons.
Horsbere Brook FAS, Barnwood Link Rd, GL4 3HR
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01452 303206
Friends of Hucclecote Work Days
For events at Green Lane please meet by the kissing gate off Laxton Road, for events at Hucclecote Meadows please meet by the main field gate on Lobleys Drive at 10 am, or find us in the fields.
- Friday 14th June 10 am - 12 - Path trimming Hucclecote Meadows.
We will be trimming bramble from path edges. Meet by the main gate on Lobleys Drive at 10 am or find us in the reserve.
- Sunday 23rd June 3 - 5 pm - Pulling goats rue from Green Lane Reserve.
Goats rue is an invasive plant which quickly spreads and outcompetes other species. We pull goats rue annually which has seen a decrease in plant numbers since the project began. Meet at Green Lane Reserve down the far end by the large hazel copse.
- Friday 12th July 10 am - 12 - Ragwort Pulling and Path Trimming
We annually pull ragwort onsite as it quickly takes over and outcompetes other meadow species. The annual pull has limited the spread of ragwort and seen a decrease in plant number. Please wear long sleeves and trousers and meet by the main gate at 10 am or find us in the fields.
Further updates and information about the reserves can be found on facebook @FriendsofHorsberebrook and @FriendsofHucclecoteMeadows
For further information please contact email@example.com