We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue we'll assume that you are happy to accept cookies.

Skip to main content

Second homes

Information about Council Tax if you have a second home and what it may mean for you.

Properties that are not a main home but remain furnished are classed as second homes. No discount is awarded, and the full charge is payable.

You may be able to apply for a 50% discount if your second home is job related.

How do I apply?

Contact us at revenues@gloucester.gov.uk. You must include the Council Tax account reference number in your email to us and the word reference in the subject of your email. For example 'Reference [Your Council Tax number]'

Help us improve Gloucester City Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.