Black bin waste
Your black bin waste is sent to the Javelin Park. Only non recyclable waste should be put into your black bin. Make sure you're making full use of your green recycling boxes, blue sack and food waste caddy. Find out more information about recycling in Gloucester.
For more advice on reducing your waste visit www.recycleforgloucestershire.com
Items we will not collect from your black domestic waste bin
- Soil and rubble, electrical goods, window and mirror glass, DIY materials i.e., construction waste, tiles, and paint tins etc (these items are all accepted at the Hempsted household recycling centre
- Needles / sharps - Hazardous waste such as syringes, diabetic needles and lancets post a significant health risk and need to be disposed of safely. Do not place diabetic needles, syringes or lancets in any general refuse sacks or bins - you may not only be risking your own health but that of the collection crews. Information about the disposal of needles and sharps.
- Business/commercial waste
- Food waste. Please use your brown food waste bin
- Items that should be put into your green recycling box or blue sack
Bins that are not emptied because they contain any of the above materials will not be emptied until those items are removed.