Bulky item collection
Have you got large items to be removed which could be recycled?
Many items we throw away haven't reached the end of their useful life. Why dispose of an item when someone else could re-use it? There are a number of organisations in Gloucester that take bulky household items that are in good condition and conforming with fire regulations.
You could contact one of the organisations below to see if they could recycle your unwanted items.
British Heart Foundation Re-Use Shop
Phone: 0844 412 5000
Electrical waste: Retailer and distributor responsibilities
Under the WEEE Regulations 2013, retailers and distributors must provide a way for customers to dispose of their old household electrical and electronic equipment when they sell them a new version of the same item. Visit .Gov website for more information.
The items we collect include:
- Beds and bedroom furniture
- Sofas, settees and lounge furniture
- Fridges, freezers, cookers and microwaves
- Dishwashers, washing machines and tumble dryers
- Rotary clothes line, lawn mowers and barbeques
- Carpets and underlay
- Wardrobes, chest of drawers, tables and chairs
- Dining room tables, chairs, other free standing furniture
- Televisions, videos, computers, monitors, printers and TV cabinets
- Cots, prams and high chairs
- Garden furniture
Items we will NOT collect
- Builders waste, garden or domestic waste
- Fixtures and fittings (doors and windows etc.)
- Fitted wardrobes
- Kitchen units
- Bathroom suites
Number of items we will collect and how much it costs
- We will collect as many items as you want, however, up to three items will be charged at £24 and each additional item will cost £8.
- For anyone receiving Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support, the charge is reduced to £12 for the first three items and each additional item will cost £4.
Request a bulky item or bulky waste collection
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 01452 396 396
Where and when to leave your items
Our Customer Services officers will advise you where to leave your items for collection. Normally, this will be in the same place as you leave your refuse / recycling bins for collection. At the same time, you will also be advised of the date of the collection.
You can dispose of these and many other items, free of charge, at the Hempsted Household Recycling Centre.