Bulky item collection
We offer a chargeable bulky item collection service for residents from domestic properties only.
Businesses, charities and community groups will need to make a arrangements from a registered private waste company.
Useful information about the service
- We will collect a maximum of 6 items
- Standard collection fee is £24 up to 3 items and each additional item is £8
- If you are in receipt of housing or council tax benefit the fee is £12 up to 3 items and each additional item is £4
- Your items must be ready in the agreed location (usually the boundary of your property) for collection for 7am on the day of your collection
- Items must be emptied prior to collection
- To ensure the items that have been paid for get collected only items listed on the booking will be collected
- If you do need to reschedule or amend your collection please let us know before 12 noon the previous working day, this included changing an item
- We do not offer a refund or a free reschedule if you do not present the items on time or in the correct location
To book a bulky item collection please telephone customer services on 01452 396396 who will be happy to assist you
Once you have arranged a collection you need to present the items on the kerbside for 7am, the items must be empty.
Which items we will collect?
The items we collect include
- Beds and bedroom furniture
- Sofas, settees and lounge furniture
- Fridges, freezers, cookers and microwaves
- Dishwashers, washing machines and tumble dryers
- Rotary clothes line, lawn mowers and barbeques
- Carpets and underlay
- Wardrobes, chest of drawers, tables and chairs
- Dining room tables, chairs, other free standing furniture
- Televisions, videos, computers, monitors, large printers and TV cabinets
- Cots, prams and high chairs
- Garden furniture
Items we will NOT collect
- Builders waste, garden or domestic waste
- Fixtures and fittings (doors and windows etc)
- Fitted wardrobes
- Kitchen units
- Bathroom suites
Have you got large items to be removed which could be recycled?
Some shops are currently closed, do not leave your items outside the shop as this is fly-tipping.
Many items we throw away haven't reached the end of their useful life. Why dispose of an item when someone else could re-use it? There are a number of organisations in Gloucester that take bulky household items that are in good condition and conforming with fire regulations.
You could contact one of the organisations below to see if they could recycle your unwanted items.