Bulky item collection
We offer a chargeable bulky item collection service for residents.
Useful information about the service
- We will collect a maximum of 6 items
- Standard collection fee is £24 up to 3 items and each additional item is £8
- If you are in receipt of housing or council tax benefit the fee is £12 up to 3 items and each additional item is £4
- Your items must be ready for collection for 7am on the day of your collection
- Where applicable the items must be emptied
To book a bulky item collection please telephone customer services on 01452 396396 who will be happy to assist you.
Which items we will collect?
The items we collect include
- Beds and bedroom furniture
- Sofas, settees and lounge furniture
- Fridges, freezers, cookers and microwaves
- Dishwashers, washing machines and tumble dryers
- Rotary clothes line, lawn mowers and barbeques
- Carpets and underlay
- Wardrobes, chest of drawers, tables and chairs
- Dining room tables, chairs, other free standing furniture
- Televisions, videos, computers, monitors, printers and TV cabinets
- Cots, prams and high chairs
- Garden furniture
Items we will NOT collect
- Builders waste, garden or domestic waste
- Fixtures and fittings (doors and windows etc)
- Fitted wardrobes
- Kitchen units
- Bathroom suites
Have you got large items to be removed which could be recycled?
Some shops are currently closed, do not leave your items outside the shop as this is fly-tipping.
Many items we throw away haven't reached the end of their useful life. Why dispose of an item when someone else could re-use it? There are a number of organisations in Gloucester that take bulky household items that are in good condition and conforming with fire regulations.
You could contact one of the organisations below to see if they could recycle your unwanted items.