Report a missed collection
Use this service to report a missed collection for:
- household waste (black bin or sack)
- recycling (green recycling boxes, blue sacks and food caddies)
- communal waste and recycling
- garden waste (no collections in December and January)
What you need to know
Collections can take place any time between 7am and 4pm from Monday to Friday.
If you normally have a morning collection but your bin, containers, or sacks have not been collected, please leave them out until 4pm. Our waste contractor may still collect up to 4pm.
When to report a missed collection
You should only report a missed collection if you put your bin, containers or sacks out by 7am on the correct day, in the correct collection area.
You can only report a missed collection once we have completed your collection round. Missed collections must be reported by 4pm the next working day. We will then collect your waste or recycling within 2 working days.
For example, if your scheduled collection is on a Monday you have from 4pm Monday until 4pm Tuesday to report the missed collection.
Before you start
1. Check why your bin, containers, or sacks may not have been emptied
If we were unable collect your bin, container, or sack we may have left a bin hanger or note to let you know the reason why, for example,
- not out by 7am on the correct collection day
- not in the correct collection area (usually kerbside on the edge of your property unless you have an agreed assisted collection)
- items not separated correctly
- hazardous or dangerous items
- extra side waste or bags
- open lid (black and green bin)
- too heavy to be lifted safely
- unauthorised bins, containers or sacks presented
- no valid subscription sticker (garden waste collections only)
What happens if I've been left a bin hanger or note?
Sorry, we will not return to collect, you will need to re-present your waste and recycling on your next collection day with no extra bags or side waste.
See collection services for more information on how to present you containers or items correctly
2. Check our waste and recycling updates
Check our latest collection information to see if there is a reason why we have not collected your waste or recycling for example,
- vehicle breakdown
- poor weather conditions
How to report a missed collection
Online is the quickest way to report a missed collection.
Other ways to make a report
Please phone us on 01452 396 396 if you cannot use the online service.
What happens next
We will check you presented your bins, containers, or sacks correctly on the right day by 7am in the correct location.
If your bin, containers or sacks were put out correctly
We will return to collect your waste or recycling within 2 working days of the original, scheduled collection date.
Please leave your bins, containers, or sacks in your normal collection area.
If your bin, containers or sacks were not put out correctly
Sorry, we will not return to collect, we will advise you to re-present your waste and recycling on your next collection day with no extra bags or side waste.
If you need to dispose of the waste before your next collection day you can:
- take the waste and recycling to Hempsted Household Recycling Centre
- arrange a private waste collection (always check the contractor is a registered waste carrier with the Environment Agency (EA).
What can I do if my bin, containers or sacks are not collected after making a report?
We will aim to collect your missed bin, containers or sacks within 2 working days of your scheduled collection day if we have agreed to return.
If your waste or recycling has not been collected by 5pm on the second working day, please complete the contact us form.
Other ways to contact us
If you cannot contact us by email, please phone us on 01452 396 396