Green box recycling
Each household will have a minimum of 2 green boxes. These are provided free of charge to all households and emptied weekly. All containers need to be ready at the kerbside by 7am on your scheduled collection day.
If you would like more or replacement box(s) please email us with your order and we can arrange for delivery or collection.
The materials we collect are loaded into different compartments on our vehicle to ensure they are kept separate and can be recycled easily.
Please remember to sort your recycling into the correct boxes, if not then it will not be collected. We no longer collect recycling in carrier bags.
- Clean glass jars and bottles (any colour)
- Clean food tins
- Drink cans (make sure they're completely empty)
- Plastic bottles (please squash and rinse if necessary)
- Bleach and detergent bottles (empty with lids on)
- Toiletry bottles
- Cartons such as Tetra Pak for milk, juice, soup (please rinse and squash)
- Household aerosols - must be empty with lids removed (lids can be recycled in the box)
- Mixed plastic containers such as meat trays, fruit punnets, yoghurt pots, butter and ice cream tubs, sweet tubs
- Aluminium foil and food trays - takeaway containers, pie cases, pet food trays, foil lids, kitchen foil (please rinse to remove food). Scrunch foil lids, confectionery and kitchen foil together to make a larger ball
Dirty items will not be collected, please rinse your items with water after you've finished washing up.
- Batteries (you can take them to any major supermarket)
- Textiles (you can take them to a clothes bank)
- Mini beer kegs
- Wet or dirty items (including nappies)
- Paint tins
- Toothpaste tubes
- Crisp packets, drink, baby food and pet food pouches
- Window panes
- Pyrex dishes or crockery
- Light bulbs (these can be recycled at Hempsted Recycling Centre. Low energy light bulbs can be recycled at limited recycling bring banks)
- Glass milk bottles (they need to returned to your supplier)
- Cling film/carrier bags. Please note: plastic bags of any type can now be used to line your food caddy
- Bubble wrap
- Black plastic containers
- CD,video and DVD cases (CD's and DVD can be recycled at local Household Recycling Centres)
- Coat hangers
- 'Pringle' style crisp containers
- Take out drink cups (some store have 'take back' schemes)
- Plant pots. If you'd like to recycle your plant pots please contact The Butterfly Garden (registered charity) based in Staverton who will be happy to help you www.thebutterflygarden.org
- Video tapes and cassettes. If you'd like to recycle video tapes or cassettes please contact The Butterfly Garden (registered charity) based in Staverton who will be happy to help you www.thebutterflygarden.org
This list includes items that are frequently put into recycling boxes in error. You may find that your recycling crew have left other items in your box because they cannot be accepted.