Small electrical items
Place your items on top of your green recycling box for 7am on your scheduled collection day - please do not put your item into bag.
Items placed out as part of the small electrical items collection must be smaller than W:17 x H:10 x D:12 inches / W:43 x H:25 x D:30 centimetres
- Kitchen appliances (for example toasters, kettles, food blenders, coffee machines)
- Home appliances (such as irons, fans, radios, lamps, clocks, DVD players)
- Personal care/grooming appliances (including shavers, electric toothbrushes, hair dryers/curlers/straighteners)
- Small electrical DIY tools
- Desktop fan
- Games consoles
- Laptops/ laptop chargers
- Computer keyboard and mouse
- Small printer/ shredder
- Christmas lights, fairy lights, solar-powered lights (LED only)
- Children’s electronic toys (such as remote control car)
- Plug in/digital clocks
- Fire / CO2 alarms
- Remote controls
- Mini hi-fis
- MP3 player
- Cassette players
- Small sewing machine
- Wires, plugs and chargers
If your item such as a power tool has an easily detachable battery then please remove it before putting out for collection and dispose of the battery safely.
If the item has a light bulb please remove before recycling.
For safety reasons we would not take a separate part of the item that is glass/ china or that may break and cause a potential safety risk to the collection staff.
Make sure you have removed personal data from laptops and tablets etc.
Visit www.recycleyourelectricals.org.uk for lots more information on recycling electrical items.
There's no charge for collecting small electrical items