Small electrical items
Place your items on top of your green recycling box - please do not put your item into bag - this is what our crews will be looking out for!
See a full list of items we will collect:
- Kitchen appliances (for example toasters, kettles, food blenders, coffee machines)
- Home appliances (such as irons, fans, radios, lamps, clocks, DVD players)
- Personal care/grooming appliances (including shavers, electric toothbrushes, hair dryers/curlers/straighteners)
- Small electrical DIY tools
- Desktop fan
- Games consoles
- Laptops/ laptop chargers
- Computer keyboard and mouse
- Fairy lights, solar-powered lights
- Children’s electronic toys (such as remote control car)
- Plug in/digital clocks
- Fire / CO2 alarms
- Remote controls
- Mini hi-fis
- MP3 player
- Cassette players
- Wires, plugs and chargers
If your item such as a power tool has an easily detachable battery then please remove it before putting out for collection and dispose of the battery safely.
If the item has a light bulb please remove before recycling.
Make sure you have removed personal data from laptops and tablets etc.
Visit www.recycleyourelectricals.org.uk for lots more information on recycling electrical items.
There's no charge for collecting small electrical items