Volunteer as a litter picker
Our aim is to make Gloucester a clean and pleasant place for our residents to live. We are proud to say we have more than 100 volunteers who help us keep the City clean and tidy.
Our volunteers really enjoy being able to make a valuable contribution and a positive impact in their local area.
Why not join them and help us make a difference?
Please note: we are not able to register anyone under the age of 18 as a volunteer litter picker. You will need someone who is over the age of 18 and able to supervise your litter picks to sign up on your behalf.
How to volunteer with us
- register as an individual litter picker
- organise a voluntary litter picking event in your area as a school or community group
- register as a part of your Duke of Edinburgh Award (DofE). If you are under 18 years old, a 'Responsible Adult' will need apply on your behalf and accompany you litter picking.
A 'Responsible Adult' is a person aged 18 or over who is either your parent, legal guardian, or a person who has responsibility for the you at that time, such as a member of staff at your school
Equipment and support
- supply you with litter pickers, high visibility clothing, gloves and bags
- collect full litter bags after your litter pick
- help to remove larger items of waste and graffiti if you organise a large community clear up event (we need to know about large events in advance)
How to report full bags for collection - Use our online form, you'll need to provide details and photos of the location. Bags needs to be left on a public highway or near the entrance to a open space.
How to apply
You will need to:
- read of our Safety guidance notes
- download the Community litter picker registration form
- complete and send the form to us via email
Other ways to apply
Post: Environment Team, City Improvement & Environment, Gloucester City Council, c/o Ubico Depot, Eastern Avenue, Gloucester, GL4 6PG