Do you have a vacant property or space in Gloucester?
Are you struggling to find occupiers for your building?
Is the current use of your building no longer viable?
Does your building have vacant upper floors?
Have you considered re-purposing your building into housing?
'Bringing Buildings Back to Life' is a City Council campaign giving a new lease of life to existing buildings which might be redundant or economically unviable in their current use.
We want you to help regenerate the city by re-purposing your building into high quality housing. We want to hear from property owners with vacant floors in their building and owners with buildings that are entirely vacant.
Even if your building is currently in use but its current use is no longer viable, we want to hear from you.
To register your interest in this regeneration project or to find out more please contact Chloe on 01452 396318 or email HPST@gloucester.gov.uk
Head to the case studies page to discover how buildings in Gloucester have been brought back to life.
How can we help you?
- Advertise your property to partners who will work with you to bring your property back into use
- Promote your building to local Housing Associations and Registered Providers who are interested in leasing or purchasing re-purposed buildings
- Assist in the application of Homes England or Heritage funding
- Find a suitable tenant for your building once it is re-purposed. Our Landlord Incentive Scheme provides a free property inspection and will provide you with help an assistance throughout the tenancy
Benefits to re-purposing your vacant building
- Save money on business rates and utility bills
- Generate income when the property is re-let or sold
- Increase the value of your property
- Help regenerate and build a socially and economically stronger Gloucester
Owning an empty building can lead to
- Increased deterioration and a decline in the fabric of the building
- A reduction in the value of the property
- Ongoing and increasing council tax payments
- Vandalism, squatting and anti-social behaviour
Gloucester City Council Empty Homes
Gloucester City Council Cathedral Quarter Project
High Street Heritage Action Zone
Action on Empty Homes
Empty Homes Network