Leaving supported accommodation: guidance for support workers
If you're client is ready to live independently you can nominated them for a Move-on priority banding on Homeseeker Plus to get a planned move from care or supported accommodation into social housing in Gloucester City.
You can make a nomination if any of the following apply:
- your client is living in sheltered or supported housing which provides them with care, support or supervision
- your client is a young person leaving care
What you need to know
We will only consider awarding a Move-on priority banding for a planned move from care or supported accommodation to social housing if:
- You submit a Move-on assessment that confirms your client is ready for independent living
- We accept that we are the appropriate local authority to re-house your client.
When someone is living in accommodation based supported housing that is not in their home or lead authority area, there is an agreement between all local authorities within the Homeseeker Plus partnership that they will be reconnected back to their home area when ready to move on from the supported accommodation. Please discuss this with your client and outline all their housing options before putting an applicant forward for a Move-on priority banding to get social housing in Gloucester City.
For more information see our Homeseeker Plus policy.
How to make a nomination
Your client will need to sign in or register for a Homeseeker Plus account to apply.
You will need to:
Download the Move-on nomination form
Complete the nomination form with your client, you'll need to give details about the work you have done together and tell us if they have any remaining support needs.
Help your client sign in or register for a Homeseeker Plus account.
Help your client upload the nomination form and all other supporting information. They can do this on the 'Add supporting documents to my application’ section of their account. They'll need to select 'Move on nomination form' as the document type.
Help your client submit a change of circumstances form. They can can do this on the 'Have your circumstances changed?' section of their account. They'll need to select 'leaving supported accommodation' as the reason. (You don't need to do this if this is your client's first application on Homeseeker Plus)
Other ways to send us a nomination
We recommend your client uses Homeseeker Plus to apply, but we will accept nominations made by email.
You and your client can:
- download the Move-on nomination form
- complete the form together
- send the completed form to us via email
What happens next
- aim to make an assessment within 4 to 6 weeks
- send the outcome of the assessment to the email address provided on the application. Please check junk or spam folders.
Help with the nomination
Contact us if:
- you have a question about how to complete the nomination form
- your client is having difficulty uploading the documents
- your client cannot access their Homeseeker plus account
- you've submitted a nomination but not received a reply within 6 weeks
Phone: 01452 396 396
What to do if your tenant disagrees with the decision
If your tenant is not happy with the decision made on their Move-on priority banding application, they can ask for the decision to be looked at again. For more information on how to do this see our Homeseeker Plus review process.