The Visitor Experience team is made up of a variety of front facing services, all offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills in customer service excellence and to provide that wow factor.
What do the team do?
The team carry out a wide range of duties such as:
- run the box office at the Guildhall
- organise and report maintenance issues
- welcome customers, artists, musicians, conference delegates, café customers and cinema viewers
- set up equipment
- prepare rooms and make sure they’re safe to use
- communicate with people to make sure things are going smoothly, help if they are not
We’re first in and last out but always have a smile on our faces.
Why work with us?
As part of the Visitor Experience team, you not only get to work in some of the most exciting and busiest venues across the city, you get to work with a vibrant team of staff who work to ensure visitors and residents alike have the best experience of the city as possible, creating lasting memories and a desire to return.
- love music and know your Clone Roses from your Lucy Spraggan’s
- love the idea of working a rustic wedding at the gorgeous Blackfriars Priory
- have an appetite for creativity in the kitchen
- are passionate about the city, its fascinating history and want to share your passion with others
- have a knack for accessibility and providing an inclusive welcome to all
- love promoting local businesses, food and drink and really support Gloucester’s independent identity
If so, we‘d love to hear from you
Museum of Gloucester
The museum, found within the city of Gloucester is an internationally important collection of treasures of nearly one million objects
Tourist Information Centre
Our award-winning tourist information service is housed in one of the beautiful city museums.
The Guildhall is one of the county’s most dynamic venues and host to 30 years of live music, comedy, theatre and film.
Our markets are bustling hubs of independent businesses offering an eclectic mix of food, drink, clothing, jewellery, music and much more.
A one-stop-shop for visitors with additional access needs who want to explore the city in a way that suits them best.
One of the most complete surviving friaries of Dominican 'black friars' in England and a stunning wedding and events venue – we truly are lucky to call this place ‘work’.
Food and drink
Consistently conjuring up edible delights and exciting offers to tantalise locals and visitors alike. Fancy a true taste of Gloucester? This is the place.