We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue we'll assume that you are happy to accept cookies.

How to apply for a animal movement licence

Legislation exists to control the movement of livestock. The control of animal movements is an important part in the prevention of animal diseases, such as Foot and Mouth Disease. The movement of cattle, sheep, pigs, goats and deer must be carried out strictly in accordance with the relevant laws and general licence conditions.

How to apply

If you intend to move sheep, goats, pigs or deer to a holding in Gloucester City, please submit a movement record to Gloucestershire Trading Standards.

Help us improve Gloucester City Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.