Tables and chairs

We are currently experiencing problems accessing our systems which means Gloucester City Council are unable to send out renewal applications. Due to this, you will not be receiving a courtesy reminder when licences are due to expire.  Can you therefore be aware of your renewal date and email at least 14 days prior to your expiry date if your vehicle, drivers or operators licence renewal is due, confirming that you wish to renew attaching the necessary supporting documents. Payments to renew can still be made online and should be done before the date of expiry. Failure to renew on time may result in your licence not being renewed and a new licence application being made.

During the COVID-19 pandemic can I put tables and chairs outside?

Will I be able to get a temporary permission to help with COVID-19 Restrictions?


As of 22 July 2020, The Business and Planning Act 2020 gained Royal Assent and has come into immediate effect. 

This Act offers a opportunity for any premises selling food and/or drink to apply to use Highway land on a temporary basis to assist with being able to socially distance customers wishing to consume the purchased food or drink.

More information on these new permissions can be seen on the below link

Government Guidance on Pavement licence new provisions

How do I apply? 

You will need to complete the below application form and submit together with all required supporting documents by email to:

Follow the below link to the application form and the site notice:

Application form

Site Notice

Applications pending: