If you would like to be notified of future consultations on the Gloucester City Plan please register on our consultations database.
There are currently no Gloucester City Plan consultations.
What is the Gloucester City Plan?
Gloucester is a transforming, growing and regeneration City. Together with theJoint Core Strategy (JCS), the Gloucester City Plan (GCP) will continue Gloucester's regeneration journey by providing the development framework to guide the City's future growth up to 2031. It covers a time frame of 15 years between 2016 and 2031.
The GCP delivers the JCS at the local level but will also set out policies that seek to address local issues and opportunities in the City. It will identify where and how new development will taken place to make sure requirements are met, and new developments positively contribute to the City's needs.
It will also set out a framework for managing and enhancing the historic and natural environment such as open spaces, areas of recreation and the historic environment.
The GCP is underpinned by a significant number of evidence studies. Some of these pieces of research are still being undertaken but will be completed before the next stage in the process – Pre-Submission. For more information, view the evidence base pages.
What's happened so far?
The City Council has already written and consulted on several parts of the GCP. These are:
- The Scope (2011): This consultation set out the context for the Plan and the key issues for Gloucester. It sought views on the types of planning policies that should be included in the Plan and the areas that should be identified for development or protection.
- City Plan Part 1 (2012): Part 1 took the Scope further, explaining in more detail the issues that Gloucester faces and setting out a number of 'key principles' that the GCP would seek to deliver.
- City Plan Part 2 (2013): Part 2 focused on the development needs of the City and started looking at potential site allocations as well as a draft City Centre Strategy.
- Draft Gloucester City Local Plan (2017): Part 3. This draft included the development management policies and the potential site allocations.
At each stage comments from local residents, businesses, organisations and national bodies have been sought and their views reported in a response report. Copies of the consultation documents, associated documents and response reports can be downloaded below.
Gloucester City Plan: Scope (2011)
Gloucester City Plan: Part 1 - (2012)
- City Plan Part 1: Consultation document
- City Plan Part 1: Sustainability Appraisal Statement
- City Plan Part 1: Response Report, November 2016
- View consultation responses
Gloucester City Plan: Part 2 (2013)
- City Plan Part 2 Consultation Document
- Sustainability Appraisal
- City Plan Part 2: Response Report
- View consultation responses
Draft Gloucester City Plan (2017)
What happens next?
Responses to the Draft Gloucester City Plan will be collated and considered by officers and where appropriate, policy changes made. The Plan will then be reworked to form the 'Pre-Submission Gloucester City Plan'. This will then be subject to one further round of public consultation before submitted to the Planning Inspectorate. This will then be subject to an 'Examination in Public' before it can be adopted by the Council. The exact timescales for this have not yet been finalised.
If you would like any further information about Gloucester City Plan please email the Planning Policy and Heritage Team at email@example.com or telephone 01452 396396.