Gov Delivery

Advertising

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Current Consultations​​​​​

Budget Consultation

Gloucester City Council wants your views before it makes decisions on it's budget for 2017/18​. Over the past seven years, the Council has made significant savings of £9.5m and since 2014/15 alone has delivered £3.4m. This has been achieved through reductions in expenditure, service efficiencies and increased income generation.

The Council has met considerable challenge in funding but continues to strive to deliver quality service to both residents and the City. We value residents’ views and have set out some questions. Your answers will help us in deciding how to meet the financial challenge. Take the survey.

Draft Shopfronts, Shutters and Signage - Design Guidelines for Gloucester

Gloucester City Council is currently consulting on a revised guidance document called 'Shopfronts, Shutters and Signage – Design Guidelines for Gloucester' to replace an old, existing one. This guidance will be used to support the regeneration of the City and will form part of the evidence base for the City Plan in due course. This consultation is in accordance with the Town and County Planning (Local Development) (England) Regulations 2012.

This guidance will ensure future projects preserve and enhance the City’s unique and distinctive historic character. Traditional and historic shopfronts will be preserved, and the guide will assist the reinstatement of those that have been lost.​

Further information, including how to view the document and make comments, is available to view here.

The consultation starts on 21st November 2016 and closes on 16th January 2017.​

Late night levy consultation

Gloucester City Council in partnership with the Police and Crime Commissioner and Gloucestershire Constabulary wishes to consult on its proposal to introduce a late night levy as a partnership approach to policing the night-time economy.

If the levy is introduced it would be a charge made to all alcohol licensed premises within the City boundary (pubs, off licences, restaurants and members clubs) that are authorised to supply alcohol during the defined late night supply period.

The Council is proposing the following design for the levy:

Late Night Supply Period

  • 00:00 to 06:00

Exemptions

  • New Years Eve

Reduction to fees

  • The Council is proposing to apply a 30% reduction for premises that participate in both CitySafe and those that have obtained Best Bar None accreditation.
  • The Council is not proposing to introduce any reductions for premises in receipt of small business rate relief.

Use of Income

  • 70% of the net levy revenue will be paid to the Police and Crime Commissioner for Gloucestershire, being the minimum proportion that the authority is required to pass to the PCC. The remaining 30% will be retained by the Council.

This consultation is seeking views on the Council’s proposal to introduce a late night levy.

Click here to view the late night levy consultation document​. At the end of the document there is a form with questions that we would like you to complete.

The closing date for responses is 7 December 2016.

If you require any further information or would like a hard copy of the late night levy consultation document please contact the licensing team on 01452 396396 or email licence.team@gloucester.gov.uk

​Have Your Say​​

If you have ever wanted to make your views heard, but simply don’t have the time to attend public meetings or events, our free email alerts service will help keep you connected and updated on the things that matter to you and will enable you to have your say on a variety of issues and topics within Gloucester. Please sign up here​.

Cookies