Who we are
Gloucester NightSafe is the partnership group who oversee the safety of Gloucester’s evening and night time economy.
NightSafe was established in 2012 and since then has been bringing together partners from licensed premises, community safety, local police, city council, licensing, universities and the voluntary and community sector to work together with the aim of making our City safe and enjoyable for all.
Why do we have this partnership?
NightSafe is an offshoot of our community safety partnership, the Stronger Safer Gloucester Partnership. It exists because the night time economy brings it’s own challenges and has specific projects and partners which don’t operate during the day.
The aim of NightSafe is to reduce crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour in the night time economy through effective initiatives and joint working.
NightSafe focusses on bringing projects and partners together to improve the night time economy as a whole, as well as looking at more operational issues such as partnership policing of night times and improving the offer of Gloucester as somewhere to go for a great night out.
What does NightSafe do?
NightSafe shares best practice and focusses on work that we can only do together. We recognise the diversity of work that our partners do day to day, and we seek to build on that together. Some successful NightSafe supported initiatives include:
- Purple Flag accreditation for Gloucester
- Ask Angela campaign
- Suicide prevention and mental health awareness campaign
- Defibrillators in licensed premises across the City
- Memorandum of Understanding for all partners working in the night time economy to adhere to
- Best Bar None scheme to accredit well managed licensed premises
- Joint night time economy patrols with Police, CitySafe, Street Pastors and other partners
Who is part of the partnership?
NightSafe is a multi-agency group. We have a flexible membership and any premises, organisation or group working or wishing to work as part of the night time economy in Gloucester is welcomed to get in touch with us to join the partnership. Our key members so far are:
- Gloucester City Council
- Gloucestershire Constabulary
- Gloucester BID
- Gloucester Licensed Victuallers Association
- City Safe
- University of Gloucestershire
- Hartpury University
- Street Pastors
- Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner
If you'd like to join NightSafe or get more information you can get in touch at email@example.com