Energy & Utility Bills

Support From Your Energy Supplier

Contact your energy supplier if you are struggling to pay for energy or think you may get into difficulty. If you already have energy arrears, some larger suppliers offer grants to help clear this debt.

Many of the energy suppliers are providing support for people during this crisis. Check your supplier's website or call them to find out what support they can provide:

Warm and Well

You can also visit Warm and Well (Tel 0800 500 3076) for advice and support on managing your home energy. If your household income is under £30,000 and you privately own or rent an inefficient property, you could qualify for free support.

Severn Wye also have a range of paid for services to help households reduce their carbon footprint and become more sustainable. Find out more

Gas and Electric Support

Contact: Together in Matson  -  Tel: 01452 381070

Energy Rebate

To help with the rising cost of energy bills, the government announced that eligible households will receive a one-off £150 which won't have to be repaid. If you’ve not yet received yours it will be applied to your council tax if you are eligible. Click here For More Information.

Reduce your energy usage

Find out more about how to reduce your energy usage and bills.

Not Sure Which Bills to Pay First?

The MoneyHelper Bill Prioritiser can help you put your bills in the right order and tell you what to do if you are struggling to pay.

Warm Home Discount Scheme

You could get £140 off your electricity bill for winter. The money is not paid to you - it's a one-off discount on your electricity bill, between October and March.

You may be able to get the discount on your gas bill instead if your supplier provides you with both gas and electricity. Contact your supplier to find out.

The discount will not affect your Cold Weather Payment or Winter Fuel Payment.

The 2021/22 scheme is now closed. The 2022/23 scheme is expected to open in October 2022.

Find out more about the Warm Home Discount Scheme (GOV.UK).

Cold Weather Payment

If you’re getting certain benefits or Support for Mortgage Interest, you may be able to get a Cold Weather Payment if the average temperature in your area is recorded as, or forecast to be, 0OC or below over seven consecutive days. Next year's scheme will start on 1 November 2022. Cold Weather Payments are different to Winter Fuel Payments.

Find out more about the Cold Weather Payment (GOV.UK).

Apply for a discount on water bills

Households on low income can apply for financial support through their local water provider. Please visit their website to see what support is available.

If you are not sure who your provider is you can use the postcode search here.

Energy Supplier Grants

The British Gas Energy Trust provides funding for everyone regardless of who their energy supplier is

If you are in debt to your energy supplier, you might be able to get a grant to help pay it off. The following energy suppliers offer grants to their customers:

Cheaper broadband and phone packages

Social tariffs are cheaper broadband and phone packages for people claiming Universal Credit, Pension Credit and some other benefits. Some providers call them ‘essential’ or ‘basic’ broadband.

More information