Homelessness Prevention Referral from Agencies

Duty to refer

Who has a duty to refer?

  • Prisons (public and contracted out)
  • Youth Offender institutions and Youth offending teams
  • Secure training centres (public and contracted out) and colleges
  • Probations services (community rehabilitation companies and national probations service)
  • Jobcentre plus
  • Accident and Emergency services provided in a hospital
  • Urgent treatment centres, and hospitals in their capacity of providing in-patient treatment
  • Social Service Authorities