It is our duty to help those people who are sleeping rough, are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
The Housing Service Team is located at the council offices, The Gateway, 92-96 Westgate Street, Gloucester GL1 2TG.
Who has a duty to refer?
- Prisons (public and contracted out)
- Youth Offender institutions and Youth offending teams
- Secure training centres (public and contracted out) and colleges
- Probations services (community rehabilitation companies and national probations service)
- Jobcentre plus
- Accident and Emergency services provided in a hospital
- Urgent treatment centres, and hospitals in their capacity of providing in-patient treatment
- Social Service Authorities
Who else can refer?
- Anyone - Every Local Authority in Gloucestershire is offering this route to all agencies that are aware of someone who is homeless or threatened with homelessness. Individuals can also self refer.
Referring service users that may be homeless or threatened with homelessness to a local housing authority email : email@example.com