I Cannot Afford to Live in My Property

If you are on a low income you may be able to get help with your housing costs. You may qualify for Housing Benefit or Universal Credit.

Our online benefits calculator can give you an idea of how much benefit you may be entitled to.

If you are already claiming Housing Benefit or Universal Credit, but this does not cover your full rent you may be able to get additional short term assistance, if you apply for Discretionary Housing Payment.

For financial help, money, budgeting and managing debt advice visit the Money Advice Service web site for .