We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue we'll assume that you are happy to accept cookies.

Skip to main content

Other Highway Licences

You will require permission for the items listed below if placed on the public highway. The "highway" includes grass verges and footways.

Application forms can be found by clicking on the appropriate word above. All of the above license application forms are in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). Adobe Acrobat can be downloaded here.

Buskers and Street Entertainment

Buskers are encouraged to notify the Markets Team in advance of their intention to busk in the City Centre. The City Council has an agreed code of practice​ that they ask buskers to comply with, to prevent nuisance and obstruction. If they are seen to be causing nuisance or obstruction, an authorised Officer of the Council or the Police may instruct them to stop the activities and vacate the area.

If Buskers wish to sell CD’s or other goods associated with their performance, they will need street trading consent. There is a separate fee for buskers at £5.00 per day.​

Building Materials on the Highway

Anyone who wishes to place materials on the public highway must make an application in accordance with the Highways Act 1980 S171. This consent will be for a period of no more than 7 days each time and can be renewed regularly up to a period of 3 months. The cost for this consent is £30.00. Click here to download the application form.

Skips, scaffolding on the Highway

For Skips, Scaffolding and Hoarding licences, please contact Amey GCC Highways on 08000 514514 or email gcchighways@amey.co.uk

For any other queries about items on the highway please contact the City Council on (01452) 396396 or email heretohelp@gloucester.gov.uk. For Temporary Road Closure application forms please contact Amey GCC Highways.

Help us improve Gloucester City Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.