Second Homes

Information about Council Tax if you have a second home and what it may mean for you.

Properties that are not a main home but remain furnished are classed as second homes. No discount is awarded, and the full charge is payable.

You may be able to apply for a 50% discount if your second home is job related.


How do I apply?

Contact us at You must include the Council Tax account reference number in your email to us and the word reference in the subject of your email. For example 'Reference [Your Council Tax number]'