Report Overgrown Vegetation Growing from Private Land

Report overgrown vegetation blocking the road, pavement, street signs or lights growing from private land


What you need to know

Private landowners are legally required to trim any vegetation next to the public highway where the growth is preventing the passage or affecting the safety of the highway user. 

You should first try to resolve the problem by talking to the private landowner who is responsible for trimming back the vegetation. 


How to report

If work is not carried out by the landowner you'll need to contact Gloucestershire highways to make a report 

High hedges

If you're affected by a high hedge, see our high hedges guidance information.