Who do we help?
We are here for anyone in Gloucester who is sleeping rough, are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- They get in contact with us and let us know what's going on.
- We will interview them to find out more about their situation.
- We will tailor the help we give to their needs.
The street homeless outreach team (co-commissioned by the city council) proactively finds people sleeping rough, and receives referrals from the public who are encouraged to refer individuals through the national Steetlink tool (www.streetlink.org.uk & app).
The outreach team verifies that each person is genuinely rough sleeping, and builds trust and rapport to enable engagement. The rough sleeper must be willing to engage with the team and accept the support offered in order to be helped.
What kind of help and support do you offer?
We offer a variety of help and support depending on the person's situation.
- help people apply to the council as homeless
- help them secure temporary accommodation
- give them advice on finding training or employment
- get the support they need for any health problems including support for addiction
- help them identify and apply for financial benefits they are entitled too
What are we doing?
We have developed some visuals which are placed around the city to help encourage people to 'Think before they give'. There are two posters which offer information on how to refer rough sleepers to StreetLink and encourage those who wish to give money, to donate to an established homeless charity. You can view these here and here.
You will also see a poster which displays a variety of help available to those sleeping rough. You can see this here.