Organise an event

If you wish to organise an event in Gloucester, please get in touch with us on

You will need to ensure your event can take place safely, and check the most current legislation and government guidelines.

Apply to organise an event

If you would like to hold an event in a park or open space owned by the council, you will need our permission. Please complete an Event Application Form and return it to us along with the following for consideration:

  • A covid-19 management plan
  • A risk assessment
  • A copy of your public liability insurance

You may find the following useful when planning your event:

Where can you organise an event

Anywhere outside on a public open space can be considered a possible event site. Some of our more popular locations include:

  • Gloucester Park
  • Hempsted Meadows
  • Plock Court

Event licenses

As well as applying for site permission, if your event requires alcohol, music and dancing or outdoor entertainment, you may need to apply for a licence.

Street Parties

For a Street Party, you may need to apply for a road closure or licence. Find out more here.

The City Events Group

The City Events Group meet on a fortnightly basis to discuss and approve event applications. The team is made up of different council departments including: Festivals & Events, Asset Management, Environmental Health, City Centre Management, Open Spaces, Licensing and Health & Safety.

Please see the terms of reference for more information on the roles and responsibilities of members, the role of the group and their process for dealing with event enquiries

The Safety Advisory Group (SAG)

For larger events, we may need to consult with a larger Gloucester’s Safety Advisory Group (SAG) to ensure that events or gatherings of people can take place safely and with the knowledge of relevant agencies. You may also be required to attend a meeting as part of this process.

The Safety Advisory Group (SAG) is made up of representatives from council teams and our partner agencies, including Gloucestershire County Council – Highways, Gloucestershire Constabulary and Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service.

Help us improve Gloucester City Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.