We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue we'll assume that you are happy to accept cookies.

Skip to main content

All Parks & Open Spaces​

​​​​​​All Parks and Open Spaces​

Select a park or green space from the map below. If you require further information on environmental planning, please visit our Environmental Planning Pages​​.​

Gloucester has a number of neighbourhood equipped play areas in the following locations:​

Alney Island

Barnwood Arboretum

Coney Hill Park​

Green Farm Orchard
Glevum Way Park

Hempsted Meadows


Hucclecote Meadows
Hempsted Recreation Ground
Holmleigh Park
Longlevens Playing Field
Milton Avenue
Napier Street
Parry Road
Paygrove Lane
Baneberry Road
St. James Park
The Lannett
Gloucester Park
Alma Place
Armscroft Park
Duncroft Road open space
Evans Walk
Greyhound Gardens​ O​pen Space
King George V Playing Field
Lobleys Drive Open Space
Manor Park
Randwick Park
Scott Avenue
Sebert Street Open Space
The Oaks - Monk Meadow
Woolstrop Way
Druids Oak
Bristol Road
Waterwells Play Area
Bakers Field
Field Court Drive
Clock Tower Park​ ​​​

Quedgeley Arboretum

Robinswood Hill

Saintbridge Pond

Open Space Strategy

The Open Space Strategy for Gloucester (2014-2019) was approved in April 2014. The document sets out information on the city’s parks and open spaces and includes an action plan identifying priorities for shaping and managing the spaces in the future.​

Open Space Approved Strategy


Organising an Event or Booking a Sports Pitch on Council Land

If you want to hold an event or book a sports pitch on land owned by the council please click here


​Small areas of Un-adopted/Un-owned/Un-managed areas of land

There are small areas of land throughout the City that often as part of the development process have not been taken on by a public body or management company. These areas can become a nuisance because they over grow the highway or indeed someone else’s private property. They may just appear untidy and unkempt.

Sometimes the best way forward is for an individual or community group to take ownership. If this is something you think you may wish to pursue, then please contact the Environmental Planning Manager on 396829 who will be able to advise you on how to go about it. If there is an overriding public safety or highway reason then the City or County Council may take it on, again contact the Environmental Planning Manager for more information.


Dog Fouling

Information about dog fouling can be found here 

Help us improve Gloucester City Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.