Gloucester City Plan Examination Library
Submission of the Gloucester City Plan **PLEASE NOTE THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND WILL BE AMENDED SHORTLY - PLEASE REVISIT FOR UPDATES**
Gloucester City Council will shortly submit the Gloucester City Plan to the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government for examination.
- Gloucester City Plan - Notice of Submission
A Planning Inspector will be appointed to undertake an independent examination into the soundness and legal compliance of the Gloucester City Plan (the Plan).
The Inspector’s task is to consider the soundness of the submitted Plan, based on the criteria set out in paragraph 35 of the National Planning Policy Framework 2019 (the Framework). The relevant soundness criteria are whether the Plan is: 1 – positively prepared (providing a strategy which, as a minimum, seeks to meet the area’s objectively assessed needs; and is informed by agreements with other authorities, so that unmet need from neighbouring areas is accommodated where it is practical to do so and is consistent with achieving sustainable development); 2 - justified (an appropriate strategy, taking into account the reasonable alternatives, and based on proportionate evidence); 3 – effective (deliverable over the plan period and based on effective joint working on cross-boundary strategic matters that have been dealt with rather than deferred, as evidenced by the statement of common ground); and 4 – consistent with national policy (enabling the delivery of sustainable development in accordance with the policies in the Framework).
The Inspector will take into account the representations submitted upon the Draft Plan as far as they relate to soundness and legal compliance considerations. A number of informal debates may take place on the principal matters identified by the Inspector these are termed Hearing Sessions.
At the end of the Examination, the Inspector will prepare a report to the Council with precise recommendations, these recommendations may include modifications to the Plan, if such a request is made by the Council.
Guidance Notes will be prepared by the Inspector to help people understand the process and will be available here in due course. Any queries people may have regarding the Examination process should be directed to the Programme Officer who will be happy to assist.
The Programme Officer
The Programme Officer, Ian Kemp, will act as the contact for any person who has an interest in the Examination and as a liaison between the Inspector, Council and Representors.
He is an independent Officer of the Examination and works on behalf of the Inspectors to organise and manage the administrative and procedural elements of the Examination process. All statements will also be submitted through him.
Any matters that anyone wishes to raise with the Inspector should be submitted via the Programme Officer.
PO Box 241
Mobile: 0772 300 9166
Mr Kemp will be contacting all Representors with details of the Examination process in due course.
Hearing sessions and timetable
A Programme for the Hearing Sessions together with further information will appear here once finalised.
Evidence base documents
In preparing the Plan the Council both refer to and were informed by a number of documents that together form the 'Evidence Base' for the Examination. These documents can be found below:
CD002 - Policies Map
CD003 - Regulation 22 Statement
- CD003a Regulation 20 Gloucester City Plan Consultation Statement
- CD003b Regulation 19 Pre-Submission Gloucester City Plan Consultation Statement
- CD003c Regulation 18 Draft Gloucester City Plan Consultation Statement
CD004 - Pre-Submission consultation responses database
CD007 - Duty to Cooperate Statement
CD009 - Local Development Scheme (July 2020)
CD010 - Schedule of Changes
- CD010a Schedule of changes Pre- Submission Gloucester City Plan addendum (July 2020)
- CD010b Appendix 1 - Tracked Change Pre-Submission Gloucester City Plan (July 2020)
Submitted evidence base and supporting documents
Employment and Economy
- Economic Growth Strategy 2019 - 2022
- Strategic Options for the Gloucester Economy 2017 (PDF, 832.7 KB)
- Appendix A: Gloucester Economic Assessment (PDF, 2.3 MB)
- Appendix B: Sites and Premises Review (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- JCS Statement of Common Ground on Employment Land (EXAM78) 2016 (XLSX, 336.4 KB)
- JCS Economic Update Note (EXAM180) 2016 (PDF, 1004.6 KB)
- JCS Economic Update Paper(EXAM138) 2015 (PDF, 382.6 KB)
- JCS Employment Land Assessment Update 2015 (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Gloucester City Regeneration Strategy 2016 (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Strategic Economic Plan for Growing Gloucestershire 2014
- Growing Gloucester's Visitor Economy 2014 (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Employment Land Monitoring Reports
- Gloucester City Employment Land Review - August 2019 (PDF, 4.4 MB)
- Employment Land Review 2019 Appendix 1 - Summary of Findings (XLSB, 54.1 KB)
- Employment Land Review 2019 Appendix 3 - Map (JPG, 33.3 MB)
- Employment and Skills Plans – Guidance
Retail and City Centres, Tourism and Culture
Health and Wellbeing
HIS003 - Conservation Area Appraisals
HIS004 -Buildings at Risk Register
HIS005 - Listed Buildings Schedule
NAT013 - Building with Nature
- JCS Infrastructure Delivery Plan, Executive Summary, June 2014 (PDF, 203.6 KB)
- JCS Infrastructure Delivery Plan, Full Document, August 2014 (PDF, 2.7 MB)
- JCS Infrastructure Gap Analysis, September 2016 (PDF, 79.9 KB)
- JCS Strategic Allocations Infrastructure Needs Summary, 2016; (PDF, 3.8 MB)
- Infrastructure Delivery Position Updates – South Churchdown, 2016 (PDF, 1 MB)
- Infrastructure Delivery Position Updates – North West Cheltenham, 2016 (PDF, 420.5 KB)
- Infrastructure Delivery Position Updates – Leckhampton, 2016 (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Infrastructure Delivery Position Updates – MOD Ashchurch, 2016 (PDF, 400.7 KB)
- Infrastructure Delivery Position Updates – Ashchurch, 2016 (PDF, 259.3 KB)
- JCS Infrastructure Delivery Plan, Additional Allocations Issue, September 2016 (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Gloucester Infrastructure Delivery Plan, September 2019 (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Gloucester Infrastructure Delivery Plan, Appendix 1 Project Tracker, September 2019 (XLSX, 51.3 KB)
Other Strategies and Plans
OTH001 - City Vision 2012 - 2022
OTH002 - Council Plan 2017 - 2020
OTH006 - Economic Growth Strategy 2019 - 2022
Other development plan documents
Joint Core Strategy
- DP001 - Adopted JCS (December 2017)
- DP002 - JCS issues and options consultation document (October 2018)
- DP003 - JCS Inspectors Final Report (October 2017)
Minerals and Waste
Supplementary Planning Documents
MN001 - Brownfield land register:
- MN001a - Gloucester brownfield land register report (Dec 2019)
- MN001b - Gloucester brownfield land register xlsx